1. Information Collected Voluntarily
There are several ways in which we may collect information from you, whether voluntarily or passively. Voluntarily, we collect the information you provide to use when you sign up for an account with us and use our Services. This information collected may include:
- The contact information you provide us with, such as your name, address, phone number and email address (your "Contact Information") when you set up an account with us.
- The password you created in order to log in to your account in the future.
A wide range of additional information may be requested of you and collected if you apply for a pawn loan or in order to sell us your item. This is done in order to tailor the Services to your needs and as may be required by relevant regulations. For example:
- - As part of the pawn loan procedure, you will be asked to provide your birth date, photo ID, home address, copies of your utility bills (for address verification) and description of the pawned item.
- - We may also collect your payment information provided in order to send you your loan or payment. For example, if you wish to use an automated clearinghouse service (ACH), we will collect your bank account number and routing information provided to us in electronic form or by sending us a voided check; or if you wish to use wire transfer services, we will collect your customer name, account number, bank name and bank routing number (or ABA); or if you wish to use PayPal to receive payments, we will collect the email address associated with your PayPal account; or if you wish to use Western Union or MoneyGram services to receive payments, we will collect a photo of your government-issued ID and related personal data; or if you wish to use a debit card via Payoneer we collect your personal details (first and last name), reason for payment, full address and phone numbers, DOB, ID number (bear in mind that for a US applicant, SSN number is the only acceptable ID type), and in some cases also a copy of your DL/passport/SSN and a proof of address.
- - When you communicate with us through the Site, by electronic mail, regular mail or by phone in order to ask us questions, provide us with additional information, comments and/or feedback, we may collect the information provided through your correspondence or call, including any Contact Information, and may associate this information to your account if necessary. We may also collect this kind of information when you ask us to be included in our newsletters, mailing lists or express an interest in hearing more about our Services, promotions or those of our partners.
- - When you fill out optional surveys or questionnaires, we may collect your information provided through these tools.
2. Information Collected Passively
We may use both 'session cookies' (which expire once you close your web browser) and 'persistent cookies' (which stay on your computer until you delete them). While this information is not intended to identify you personally, it should be noted if the foregoing is collected when you are signed in to the Service, it may be possible to associate it with the personal information we collected from you voluntarily.
3. Use of the Information Collected
We may use the information provided to us internally to:
- Collect and store it in order to enable your use of the Services;
- Contact you from time to time with critical user or service updates or other information important to support the Services. We may contact you to ensure that the information we have in our records is accurate or when in need of additional information to complete your profile or requested Service;
- Provide you with a pawn loan based on the items pledged. We may also use the information for audit, research and analysis purposes needed to operate and improve our technologies and Services.
- Receive feedback and comments from you about our Services and inquire about any features you would like to see in future offerings. We may also contact you to ask for your satisfaction rate, inform you of upgrades, technical issues, promotions and additional services that you may be interested in;
- Send out newsletters to you with articles and information which we believe may be of interest to you;
- Customize, measure and improve our Services, content and advertising;
- Evaluate your use, preferences and trends for our own internal statistical and analytical purposes which we may use for marketing purposes and in respect of operations and product development;
In addition to the above, we may provide aggregate statistics about users, sales, traffic patterns, and other information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any personally identifiable information.
4 . Procedures to Safeguard and Secure the Information Collected
We do our utmost to secure your information by putting in place commercially reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure such information. Such measures includes using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology (or comparable technology, including 128-bit encryption) to provide security when transmitting sensitive information via our Site, placing our servers in a secure facility and only allowing access to those of our employees who require such information in order to provide you with the Services.
While no system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by our Site reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. In addition, we recommend that you do your part in protecting yourself from unauthorized access to your account by ensuring no one else uses your computer when you are logged in, by logging off from the site when it is not in use and by keeping your password confidential.
5. Your Options Regarding Your Information Collected
Promotional Correspondence: When signing up for an account with us, you may choose if you wish to receive promotional correspondence from us. You may modify such preference at any time by changing your account settings, by opting-out of this form of correspondence though the instructions in the applicable e-mail or by requesting this verbally during a promotional phone call.
Technical Correspondence: Opting out of technical correspondence (which may relate to maintenance of our Site, changes to the Services and more) is only possible by terminating your member status. Choosing to terminate your member status may involve deletion of your information from our live databases, and by doing this you understand that we will not be liable for any termination of your member account or related deletion of your information.
Member Account: You may change certain information provided in your account by logging in to your member account and editing it, provided that it remains accurate, complete, and up to date.
Deleting Your Information: You may request that we delete or destroy your information provided that there is no ongoing transaction between us, and provided that such deletion is permitted by law. You understand that when we delete electronic information that we have collected from or about you, it will be deleted from our active databases but may remain in our archives.
Februaty 13, 2014